"Will you sell my CD?"
cdRoots is VERY small. I try to offer completely unique music to a very small audience of discerning listeners. So I do not carry every CD ever made, and I do not aim to. But I am often interested in hearing new music and considering new titles. Here's a few things to know:
If all of this seems reasonable and you want to pursue things, please drop me a note to let me know you are sending a CD sample by mail to the address below this note, and we can see what happens.
- First understand that unlike companies like Amazon or CD Baby, I will not carry any CD sent to me. I listen to and choose CDs carefully, and only stock in the catalog the music I like and think my customers will like. This is a highly personal decision, and it is not a reflection on your work, only a reflection of my taste!
- The first step is to send a complete copy of your CD (not a CDR or sampler). I will not judge the work based on a few online samples.
- Once I have a chance to listen (and this could take a long time!), and if I like what I see and hear, I will drop you a note to let you know I am interested and we can make an arrangement to sell your CDs.
- Before you send the CD, please note how I will do business with new artists and labels:
- All new work is sold "on consignment" - I will pay you only for the CDs I sell, after I sell them.
I make payments by PayPal or a US dollar check only. If you do not use PayPal, I suggest signing up at
If you cannot use PayPal or accept a US bank check, and you need money wired to you, you will have to absorb the cost (about 25.00 USD)
- Once we agree on selling details, I will ask you to send 5 copies for sale and one more sample.
I will also need you to e-mail me a track list and an artist statement or bio.