Updated December 5th, 2007
- It is very important that you use your REAL e-mail address when ordering. If you fake or alter your e-mail address, your order will not be processed, as the shopping cart and credit card systems need to send you a confirmation via e-mail. There can be NO exceptions to this. Your e-mail address will NEVER be used for anything other than this, will never be sold, loaned, shared or revealed to any one else. But I do need to be able to e-mail you to confirm orders, deal with problems and delays and generally give you the service you deserve. Also, I recommend that you use your ISP mail address, not a free service name @Yahoo, @Hotmail, @Wanadoo or the like. If you use a free mail service address, your order may be delayed while I verify your order directly.
- We do maintain a mailing list for updates, but you will not be added to this unless you make the request. Folks on this list get updates, special offers, and are eligible for some drawings for free CDs and gift certificates occasionally.
- If you use SPAM FILTERS be sure to add "futuris.net" "cdroots.com" and "rootsworld.com" to your 'OK' list BEFORE you place an order. If my reply e-mail is rejected, your order might be cancelled automatically without my ever knowing it. I cannot guess who does and who does not filter out e-mail. This is your responsibility.
- cdRoots is based in New Haven, CT, USA. All packages are shipped from there.
I usually ship within three or four days of receiving your order, so when you see shipping times, add that to the expected delivery time. Sometimes it may take up to two weeks to ship. If time is essential, contact me BEFORE you place your order. PLEASE be patient. This is a small, part-time business. I try to have a life beyond it!
- cdRoots is a one-man show, so please be patient. It may take a day or two to respond to your e-mails, and may take three to four days to ship an order (I do take days off, and there is no one else to cover for me!). Please be patient.
- All prices are in US dollars.
- Credit Card orders are placed on a secure server run by Authorize Net, one of the best in the business.
You can make your PAYMENT via fax if you prefer, but I do NOT recommend it (the secure server is far safer than e-mail, fax or mail). To do this, place a regular online order, and choose "check" as your payment method. In the instructions/shipping box at the end of the form, put a note about payment via fax. Once I receive and confirm your order, I will send you instructions for faxing the information to me. There is a 3.00 extra charge for orders placed this way. Again, I urge you to use the online secure server, as it is truly the safest method for payment I can offer.
- Checks and Money Orders: you have the option to pay by personal or business check drawn on a US bank ONLY. You may also pay by USPS Postal Money Order (issued at the US post office) ONLY. I will not accept foreign or private label money orders. You can pay by either method by choosing "Check" in the shopping cart when you complete your order. PayPal is also offered as an option when you check out.
- Click here for shipping charges.
- Want to order more than one copy of a CD? Just click "Buy" a second time and a new copy will appear in your cart!
- Larger orders: I offer a small discount on large orders (300.00+), but you should contact me BEFORE you place your order, so I can give you the information you need. I will give you a discount code that you can use in the shopping cart for your order.
- If you do not receive your order within 3 weeks (US) or 4 weeks (international) please notify me so I can trace the package and get you a replacement quickly.
- If you click "buy" and get an empty page, that's because it's out of stock or it's a special order item.
- Customs on international orders: I will not falsify a customs document. Please do not ask me to mark a package with false information or value. It could cost me my business. Customs are a tax YOUR government imposes to supply you with defense, medical care, roads, etc. If you do not like paying taxes to your government, complain to them, not to me.
- Jewel Boxes: the scourge of the industry. I do everything I can to ensure a good packaging job, but I cannot promise 100% of the time that these damned plastic boxes will arrive intact, particularly overseas. I will not guarantee the condition of a jewel box after I pack it. Also note that sometimes CDs I import come without jewel boxes (it saves an immense amount of postage for the artist and eventually, for you) and will be shipped the same. ALL the liner notes, J-cards and inserts will be included, exactly as they were made by the artist or label, but if the jewel box is an issue for you, please contact me by e-mail before placing your order.
- Shrink-wrap (and the lack thereof): Most of our CDs have been
imported from Europe or Asia.
They are not all
shrink-wrapped, and I am not
going to con you by wrapping them
here just to make you think they
have been sterilized in America.
I guarantee that the CDs and the
contents are all brand new and in
- Whenever I
can, I use recycled shipping
materials. They may not look as
pretty on the outside, but they save
money and keep the trash dumps a
little bit emptier.
- Returns: because of the unusual nature of the music I sell, I cannot guarantee you will like something, so I can only accept returns if:
1. I shipped you the wrong item
2. The CDs were damaged in transit.
3. The CDs have a manufacturing defect (These be replaced with the same title if returned)
- I am happy to special order anything listed in the catalogs I work with, and you can search through some of the labels I work with to find more titles I do not normally keep in our regular stock. Most special orders will take about 3-8 weeks, but some can take significantly longer. Special orders must be paid for in advance.
- You can search the cdRoots catalog using the search box at the top of most pages. It is usually best to use a single word for a search to get a good result. The catalog is small and you will never get all that many hits on a particular term. Also, this is a fairly primitive search tool, so don't use punctuation like quotes or commas... they don't help, and may give you a bad search result.
- Only very basic ASCII charaters are readable (yes, it's a primitive tool), so substitute any letters with diacritical or accent marks with a simple letter, ie: search Codena instead of Çödéña
- Most items are in stock, but occasionally you will see a note in your search results that it is "special order only." The "buy" button does not work on those. (I haven't figured out how to fix that...it's a bug I have to live with.) Click on the title to get ordering information.
Need other answers? Please contact me
All content ©2003 cdRoots and FNI